May we present to you the most creamy vegan cilantro lime dressing that will knock you off your feet. In under 10 minutes, you’ll have a sauce to put on literally everything. And you will.
Crème de la Crème
We always seem to have some type of sauce (or three, or four) in our fridge. But, if we could choose only one, it would be this creamy cilantro lime sauce. Okay, maybe a zesty cheese sauce too. And a ranch. Just these three for now.
We’ve had many variations of this plant-based sauce over the years. All versions have been a hit, but we always wanted to make it even creamier. Why not make a good thing better, right?
We are obsessed with cashews. They are the perfect base to make any sauce creamier.
Key Ingredients for This Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
All of the ingredients are important in this sauce, but the key players are:
- Lime: this adds tang to the sauce, and pairs perfectly with cilantro. Has there ever been a fresher combo?
- Cashews: as we mentioned above, cashew nuts make the sauce creamy without having to use any dairy.
- Cilantro: the star flavor profile of the dish. Some people think it tastes like soap. But, since you came to this page, we’ll assume you think it rocks (just like us).
- Jalapeño: gives this recipe a little kick. It’s not too spicy, it’s just letting you know it’s there.
- Garlic: we opt for fresh garlic in pretty much all of the sauces we make. It packs a punch of flavor, and it’s extremely healthy for you. It would be silly not to go for fresh garlic if it’s available to you.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Dressing
To start with, you’ll want to pre-soak the cashews. It’s best to let them sit in water overnight, but if you are wanting to shorten the length of this recipe, you can soak them in boiling water for about 1-2 hours.
It’s still completely possible to make this sauce without soaking the cashews, it might just have a more grainy texture. But, it definitely doesn’t affect the taste.
Now for the hard part. Throw all of the ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and mix until smooth. The blending time may vary depending on how strong your mixer is, but just keep scraping the sides and you’ll get there!
How to Store Cilantro Lime Sauce
If it lasts this long, it will keep for 7-10 days in the fridge. But, good luck.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
We know this will be your next go-to sauce. It’s:
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to leave a comment, rate it, and tag us on Instagram with #brokebankvegan. Happy eating!
Other Recipes You’ll Enjoy
16 servings per container
Serving Size1 servings
- Amount Per ServingCalories25
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.3g 2%
- Sodium 4.6mg 1%
- Potassium 5.4mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 0.6g
- Protein 0.6g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Do I have to use cashews?
You don’t have to use cashews. Other nuts or seeds will work, but the taste may differ slightly. Sunflower seeds are the closest alternative to cashews.
How can I make this recipe nut-free?
You can make this dressing nut-free by using avocado in place of the cashews, but it will not store quite as long in the fridge.
What can I use if I don’t like cilantro?
If you don’t like cilantro, you could try using dill and switch out the lime for a lemon!