Chipotle Fajita Veggies (Copycat Recipe)
$1.14 recipe | $0.29 serving
Make Chipotle fajita veggies from the comfort of your own home. Red onion, bell peppers, Mexican oregano, and salt come together to form the perfect filling for tacos, burritos, bowls, and more!
Large non-stick skillet
Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium. Add onions and stir to coat in the oil. Then, add peppers and Mexican oregano.
Cook 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. The veggies should be tender but still crisp. Taste and season with salt to your liking.
Remove from heat and serve immediately in tacos, burritos, bowls, and more. Happy eating!
- Use cast iron — Although non-stick is more forgiving, cast-iron skillets give an incredible char that will yield the best copycat Chipotle fajita veggies.
- Slice the veggies evenly — Make sure the onions and bell peppers are cut uniformly to ensure they cook evenly.
- Don't stir too much — Don't stir the vegetables too much or the vegetables won't caramelize and char.
- Don't skip the oil — To achieve the same flavor as chipotle, don't skip the oil. It provides flavor and prevents the vegetables from sticking.
- Use a large skillet — To help everything cook evenly, don't overcrowd the pan. Use the largest skillet you can find!
- Don't overcook — Fajita veggies should have a little crunch rather than be soft and mushy.
- We calculate nutritional information for our recipes with Cronometer.
- Recipe cost calculations are based on ingredients local to us and may vary from recipe to recipe. All prices are in USD.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.7g | Protein: 0.9g | Fat: 10.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5.9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 584.4mg | Potassium: 150.7mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 2.6g | Vitamin A: 229.2IU | Vitamin C: 49.9mg | Calcium: 20.6mg | Iron: 0.5mg