Hey, we're Mitch and Justine!
We're the recipe developers, photographers, and writers behind Broke Bank Vegan. Here, you'll find plant-based recipes from all around the world. Our goal is to use this platform to give back and help animals in need.
About Mitch & Justine
We're a couple of former Registered Nurses from Canada turned full-time food bloggers living abroad.
We've both always loved cooking and traveling to experience new cuisines, but not always as vegans.
While traveling throughout Asia back in 2014, we had a major mindset shift about making the switch to a healthier, more compassionate lifestyle.
Since finding plant-based versions of authentic recipes became challenging, we felt like we were missing out on one of our favorite parts of traveling — food!
But, we had a plan...
Fast forward to today and we now travel to countries around the world to learn how to cook with worldly ingredients, utilize traditional methods of preparation, and figure out how the heck we can make plant-based versions of popular dishes!
Blogging is our way to pursue all of our passions in one, including health & nutrition, traveling, eating (of course), photography, and helping animals!
About Broke Bank Vegan
The goal of this blog is to help you learn about plant-based ingredients and use them to create unique and flavorful dishes from your very own kitchen!
Our motivation behind creating Broke Bank Vegan is to make a genuine impact on the world and leave it better than when we got here. Some of our efforts right now include:
- Ad revenue donations. We donate 1% of all our ad revenue to local animal shelters and charities.
- Donations for subscribers. For every newsletter signup, we also donate $0.25.
- Other profits. 2% of any additional income outside of email subscriptions and ad revenue will be donated.
Transparency is our top priority with charity and donations, which is why we're developing a monthly newsletter to outline where the money goes.
In the press
Broke Bank Vegan has been featured in publications and websites like Peta, Plant-Based Magazine, Veg News, The Beet, One Green Planet, and Vegan Food & Living.
How to help
- Provide feedback. By rating our recipes, leaving comments, or sending us messages, you add valueable insights and help this community grow.
- Share our recipes. If you like our recipes, it only takes a second to share them with your friends and family, but it also really helps spread the word!
If there's something specific you'd like to see from us, or if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to email us at [email protected] or connect with Broke Bank Vegan on social media.
We are so happy you're here, and we're grateful you've given this whole page a read!
Mitch & Justine