This post may feature affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Close your eyes and imagine eating the best cookie dough bites you’ve ever had. Now open your eyes, follow this recipe, and this will be your reality in 10 minutes or less.
Table of Contents
Eating the dough is always the best part of a cookie making process. Who else is with us?
Remember when you were young and you’d sneak some cookie dough from your mom’s recipe not realizing that eggs can carry dangerous bacteria? Maybe that’s why this whole veganism movement started. A love for cookie dough without the risk of eating raw eggs. Who knows.
Anyway, we’ve created an extremely simple recipe using only 5 ingredients that you can whip up at any time. You don’t even have to roll it into balls. You can eat it right out of the bowl! It takes all of 5 minutes to do this.
We promise you, once you make these, you’ll ditch all those other recipes that have a long list of ingredients. These are perfectly sweet, packed with chocolate, and will melt in your mouth.
🍲 Key ingredients
- Oat Flour: this whole grain flour is naturally gluten-free, packed full of nutrients like protein and fiber, and gives the recipe a subtle toasty flavor. If you can’t tell already, you should use this flour more often.
- Coconut Oil: this ingredient is in a category of its own. Coconut oil is extremely versatile in cooking and baking. It doesn’t carry the expense of vegan butter, and it won’t make your cookie dough oily like other vegetable oils.
- Maple Syrup: yes, using maple syrup in this recipe is an extremely Canadian thing for us to do. But, the sweetness achieved is so well rounded compared to its more processed counterparts. It’s our go-to for sweetening almost every dish. Did you know maple syrup contains 165% of the recommended daily intake of a trace element called manganese? This element you’re probably already confusing for magnesium is important for the nervous system to work properly.
- Chocolate Chips: no cookie dough recipe is complete without chocolate chips. We get the Enjoy Life mini vegan chocolate chips because they’re sweet, delicious, and certified vegan.
- Vanilla: if you’ve ever had flat tasting cookies before, but weren’t sure why, it may have been because you forgot to use vanilla. This spice enhances all the other flavors in the recipe. You won’t want to skip it!
The process for making these couldn’t be easier.
First, melt some coconut oil in the microwave for 10-20 seconds, or until it turns liquid. Next, put the flour in a bowl, add in the salt, maple syrup, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. Mix to combine into a dough.
Then, fold in the chocolate chips to your dough mixture until it’s well combined. The last thing to do is scoop your dough into balls and let them firm up in the fridge for 5-10 minutes before enjoying them.
How easy is that? Seriously, you could be enjoying these cookie dough bites by now. What are you waiting for?!
These bites will last 5-6 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Alternatively, you can keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just remember to use a freezer-safe container or bag.
💭 Budget tips
We think everyone should be able to eat better for less, so here are a few tricks to make this recipe even more affordable:
- Make your own oat flour from quick oats
- Instead of maple syrup, use a cheaper liquid sweetener like agave
- Use a more affordable vanilla extract, or use artificial
Edible cookie dough is basically dough without eggs or other ingredients that may be carrying harmful bacteria in their raw form. This dough is 100% safe to consume without baking.
Yes, other flours can be used. Just make sure to check the ratio conversions, and know that your results may vary.
Instead of coconut oil, you can try melted vegan butter. Results may vary.
Instead of maple syrup, you can try using agave or coconut nectar.
♻️ Similar recipes
For some desserts that are actually baked, check out our:
- Ginger molasses cookies for the best holiday treat ever.
- Peanut butter cookies if you love your baked goods soft and chewy.
- Oatmeal raisin cookies for a spice combination that’s going to blow your mind.
- Tahini cookies for a cookie that tastes like a chewy vanilla sesame snap.
- Chocolate chip mug cake for a quick and easy recipe made in minutes!
- Vegan cookie dough to try another version of this no-bake treat made with all-purpose flour.
- Chickpea cookie dough for a high-protein cookie dough treat!
Cookie Dough Bites
- Mixing bowl
- Plate or baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cookie scoop
- 1 ½ cups oat flour ($0.21)
- ¼ tsp salt ($0.01)
- ¼ cup maple syrup ($0.60)
- ¼ cup coconut oil ($0.48)
- 1 tsp vanilla ($0.21)
- 3 tbsp mini vegan chocolate chips ($0.70)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt coconut oil for 10-20 seconds. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix oat flour and salt together. Then, add in coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. If the dough seems too thin, add more oat flour a tablespoon at a time.
- Fold in mini vegan chocolate chips. Form balls using a cookie scoop or heaping tablespoon. Place on a parchment-lined pan, and set in the fridge for 5-10 minutes before eating.
- If you can’t wait, you can also enjoy your cookie dough straight out of the bowl!
- It works best to use mini chocolate chips, but use whatever you can get your hands on.