Ranch. The king of sauces. This creamy vegan ranch dressing will prove that in under 5 minutes, you will have one sauce to rule them all.
You'll never buy a store bought ranch again.
Let's do this!
Table of Contents
There is no doubt we are both sauce people. We always have been and always will be. But, this recipe is especially important to us.
There is something about ranch. It's the sort of the sauce we hold up to an extra high standard. If made right, it's the ultimate dipping sauce. We're talking pizza, cauliflower wings, bread sticks, veggies, tofu sticks. Try to name a meal that ranch doesn't pair perfectly with. You can't, can you?
But, we've tried a wide variety of vegan ranch sauces in our day and a lot of them aren't up to our standards. Maybe we're ranch snobs, but at least we can admit it. Trust us when we say you'll never want to do anything other than make your own vegan ranch after this recipe.
We've done the cashew thing. We've tried sour cream too. But, they just don't compare to the real thing. It's the mayo. It works perfectly for an optimal ranch flavor and consistency. If you don't believe us, you need to try this recipe.
🍲 Key ingredients
- Vegan mayo: if we get sponsored by Hellmann's, we'll know we've made it. Only kidding (kind of). But, using Hellmann's saves us time in the kitchen, and it has one of the best flavors and textures of any vegan brand we've tried. We think it beats using other base ingredients like cashews or sour cream, which we often see in other vegan ranch recipes.
- Chives: one of the three classic herbs found in ranch dressing. Chives, which are related to onions and garlic, have a flavor profile that is best of both worlds. We love adding fresh herbs to our sauces since we've been working on growing our garden, but dry herbs work as well! These little green stalks are a healthy source of vitamins A, C, K, and folate. Who knew!
- Dill: this green herb with delicate thread-like leaves is easy to pick out at the stores. Dill not only has a distinct look, but it also carries a very characteristic taste. With notes of fennel, anise, and celery, you'll be adding a unique flavor profile to any recipe that includes dill. We use dried dill in this recipe, but the fresh version is great too!
- Parsley: the last of the necessary herbs in ranch is parsley. It adds even more green and enhances the other flavors. It has a slight earthiness and punch to it, so it's the perfect addition to this creamy dip.
The nice thing about this recipe is how quick it is to put together. All you're going to need to do is combine the ingredients in a container or mason jar. If you like a thicker ranch, add the plant milk in a tablespoon at a time.
After you're done mixing, taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
This recipe stores in the fridge for 8-9 days. We don't recommend freezing it. Honestly, we don't think it'll last very long because you'll be eating it every day after you make it!
💭 Budget tips
We think everyone should be able to eat better for less, so here are a few tricks to make this recipe even more affordable:
- Skip the store-bought mayo and make your own
- Use apple cider vinegar in replace of the lemon juice
- Replace the soy milk with water
🍴 Tasting notes
This creamy vegan ranch is so delicious, you'll never buy store bought again. It's:
If you try this dressing, please rate it and leave us a comment below! Want to stay up-to-date with new recipes? Subscribe to our newsletter or connect with Broke Bank Vegan on social media. Happy eating!
Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Mason jar
- ¾ cup Hellmann's Vegan Sandwich Spread ($0.87)
- ¼ cup soy milk ($0.07)
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar ($0.03)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice ($0.18)
- 1 ½ teaspoon onion powder ($0.12)
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried dill ($0.21)
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried parsley ($0.01)
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh chives ($0.04)
- 2 cloves garlic ($0.08)
- Sea salt & pepper to taste ($0.02)
- In a small container or mason jar, combine all ingredients except the plant milk.
- Add the plant milk in 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Use as a dip for veggies, cauliflower wings, or salad dressing.
- If you want thicker ranch sauce, add less plant milk.
- 1 serving is approximately 2 tablespoons.
♻️ Similar recipes
For more tasty recipes, check out our:
- Coconut-crusted cauliflower tacos if you're looking to switch up your usual taco fillings.
- Baked cauliflower buffalo wings if you're looking for spicy, finger-licking good food.
- Spicy chili-garlic aioli for a ranch alternative with a little spice.
- Lemon tahini dressing if you're up for a new versatile recipe for all your salad needs.
- Air fryer pizza rolls for a cheesy, melty, and delicious companion for this sauce.
- Creamy balsamic dressing to try another salad dressing made with egg-free mayo.
- Vegan fish for something to dip into this cool, creamy ranch!
If you followed the recipe exactly as shown and the ranch is too runny, you can add a little more vegan mayonnaise to thicken it up.
If you don't like dill, leave it out. Just add in more of the other herbs.